Here's a correlation I've come up with, as wife of track coach: Sleepless Nights = Projected MIAC Conference Meet Results.
I can always tell if Lynden had a sleepless night, and what room he was in while he couldn't sleep, because he always leaves a paper trail behind. We've got a lot of scrap paper floating around at our house with projected track meet results. Sometimes it's individual projections for athletes' performaces for future years. Often it's a scored meet reworked to exclude graduating seniors and project future performances between Hamline and St Thomas. The papers are normally crowding the office desk. But on a night where Lynden can't sleep, I could find them anywhere in the house...
It's no surprise to anyone reading this blog that Lynden wants to beat St Thomas. Not necessarily beat-the-pants-off, totally dominate St Thomas (however nice that would be) - just a definite win is all he dreams of. So the scrap paper is typically indicative of future plans on how to do this.
Last night's mid-night exercise did not fare well for the Pipers, but don't worry fans, there were notes in the margins on how to improve these scores. But I cannot disclose that here, this is serious strategy folks.
Just a little insight in our daily life.....
p.s. If you want to see an adorable slideshow of our niece, check out the Mike and Angie Boyenga blog "On the Farm" (link available in list to the right)... Brynn is already turning 2!
No comments:
Post a Comment