Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The winter lull

The lack of posting isn't for the lack of trying.... there really has been a lull of activity these days and the camera hasn't gotten much use of late.

What's going on at the Reders?
  • Lynden's U of M athletes are doing well and he will likely have one person going to NCAA Indoor Nationals in March. Great news!
  • Lynden's also getting ready for the Indoor Big 10 meet next weekend (26th).
  • Charlie is now trying to snuggle with Sadie when they are both in the basement together. Sadie is still a little scared that the paws are going to take a swipe at her unexpectedly.
  • I'm in a 'calm before the storm' at work right now. All my projects are running smoothly and going to wrap up in the 1st or 2nd quarter, and the next batch of projects haven't started yet. So I'm getting to do additional clean-up work that I don't normally have time to do at work.
  • I'm also in the same clean-up mode at home - my current goal is to try to clean out the office so that we can downsize from the monstrous desk we have in there today.
  • Volleyball league continues to go well for our team, we are currently ranked fourth and all of the ladies have improved their hitting skills this year. Lynden's basketball league team is still undefeated and into playoffs!
  • I haven't accomplished my single unassisted pull-up yet, but today might be the day. (I say that every week....)
  • LOST has started up again for the season, so Wednesday nights have a whole new thrill.

See, I told you. Not much exciting, but life is really good right now. We enjoyed the snow last night by taking Sadie for a long walk through the wooded park by our house. It was such a mild winter night, the kind that makes you love MN even more than usual.

I hope you and yours are also enjoying a winter lull, taking the time to relax, get a few extra naps in and enjoy the time.

No comments: