We are slowly getting the sleep schedule back to normal and getting into our eating and exercising habits again. The first run I took was on Tuesday night - I was really dreading how hard it was going to be, but we (Lynden and I) did about 3.5 miles at a very comfortable pace. It wasn't as bad as I had imagined - it actually felt good. Too bad I haven't run since...
Our volleyball team lost in our playoff game on Wednesday. One more game in playoffs and then our sand league will be over. I'm really looking forward to the indoor season. I discovered I didn't like sand as much as I remembered from last year... or maybe that's because I keep getting stepped on. I had another mishap last night with teammate Ryan and my foot is looking pretty tough - scrapes and scratches and a huge bruise right on the top. Good reason not to run today, I figured.
Today was quite the day as well - Lynden and I went to St Cloud to meet my parents and bring my mom back to Edina for her doctor's appts and treatment. After the appointments, we drove back to St Cloud where my dad was in a class and had dinner together before going our separate ways again. (We just can't seem to stay out of the car, I guess.)
Mom's doctor appointments were all very good - all test results are fantastic. We also met with a genetic testing counselor for the first time today, as Mom is getting tested for the gene mutation that is linked to breast and ovarian cancer. Once we find out her test results, we'll determine next steps. If she's positive, then I will be deciding if I should be tested as well - I would have a 50-50 shot at having it as well. If she's negative, then I don't need to be tested, but there is still a familial link to breast and ovarian cancer that I need to be aware of.... so we're not exactly sure what to hope for. The good news is that I have a fantastic doctor now that will work with me to devise a plan either way. I'd be curious if any one who's reading this has had any experience with genetic testing?
On to your trivial fun fact for the day: For the 6th week in a row I've convinced Lynden to watch at least parts of So You Think You Can Dance with me. Tonight he was watching a segment and actually said "Wow, that was cool." after I replayed one of the moves. We are making progress folks - I'm going to get him to like this show yet!
No comments:
Post a Comment