Tuesday, January 29, 2013

This happened, I'm choosing to sing.

Warning, random post ahead. 
Something happened tonight. I didn't react well, but I'm starting to get over it. I didn't cry, I didn't throw myself on the bed in frustration, and I didn't even swear in front of the children. But I wanted to do all three. Now I'm able to look back, mourn my loss and see the humor in it. And I feel the need to blog about it because I'm sure this will one day happen again.

I left work today with my trusty bag filled with all the crap supplies a  nursing mother brings to work + my dress shoes + work to do at home + a day old 1/2 cup of coffee that needed to be brought home and washed. That's where things went wrong. Oh, Caribou Coffee cup that I bought on clearance - I knew your lid was faulty, but I trusted you would stay upright. Little did I know you would tip over and land IN my dress shoe, where the day old coffee / heavy whipping cream combo would pool and eventually spill over to the rest of the bag's lower contents.
And did I discover the mess right away? Nope, it really got to 'sink in' for a few hours before I found it.

Lovely shoe - you are a relatively new friend. So I'm going to rinse you a few more times and hope you will smell better next week.

Dear, sweet bag, I have relied on you for so long. You were starting to show your age, but I loved you for it. But today we had to part ways. The overwhelming smell was too much for me to take, and I didn't know how to bring you back to your former freshness. So goodbye. I'll be singing Andrea Bocelli's Time to Say Goodbye just for you - opera style of course. (Kilen looks at my funny, but I won't let that stop me.)

So that's what's going on here. Blogging and singing makes me feel better.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: