Wednesday, July 11, 2012

One Month Old!

 
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

Lots of pictures for Elsie's first month, I just couldn't decide which one to pick. :)
Here's what Elsie is up to at 1 month old:

  • She's probably weighing in at or a little over 8 pounds. (If she wasn't born yet, she would be closer to 9.5 lbs!) She is still drinking fortified breastmilk by bottle for every feeding. We 'practice' nursing twice a day, and this week she has definitely improved. (There is a light at the end of this pumping tunnel...)
  • She still sleeps most of the day and night. We are noticing a few more alert periods. Especially about the time I want to take a 'sleepy baby picture' or when I want to crawl into bed at night. We have to wake her up for most of her feedings, which happen every 3 hours. She is typically active and noisy between 11:30pm and 1:30am. (See note about me wanting to go to bed...) But after that passes, she would sleep through the night if we let her. But we don't. Unless we sleep through the alarm clocks. Yes, there are multiple alarm clocks set and I have slept through both of them or turned them off in my sleep.
  • She smiles now. I'm sure it's just a reflex of some sort - but it's really cute, just the same!
  • She has superior neck strength. (I can say that because this is our blog. I'm sure your baby is/was just as strong!) We had our first round of tummy time last night and she did great. 
  • Her pink teddy bear is still larger than her. And she looks super tiny in her crib.
  • She still sleeps in the bassinet, but will probably soon move to her own crib soon. (Kilen moved at 3 1/2 weeks old because he was so noisy - Elsie is starting to catch up on the noise front too.)
  • She has a lot of poop-splosions... not sure if this is a girl diaper-changing thing, or if it's just Elsie, but we have to be quick and strategic with the diaper changes. I'll just share that one diaper change resulted in poop on the wall. Seriously. It was at 2 AM too. I laughed out loud - it was impressive really!
  • Her due date is this Friday. Hard to believe!


2 comments:

Angie said...

The picture of her with her pacifier TOTALLY reminds me of Maesa! She's a keeper for sure! :)

Kristy said...

Love the stick straight legs and looking at the Teddy!

Good job on all the pumping Mama!