We've had a few other 'events' this month that we hadn't gotten around to posting yet, so I'll recap them briefly:
- Lynden brought one thrower to the NCAA National Indoor Championships meet, along with 3 other athletes from the U's team. His thrower finished 2nd in the shot put, which was a fantastic close to the season! The 2 guys running the 3K also scored points for the team finishing 4th and 7th place. The combined team score brought them to 14th in the nation!
- While at the national meet, Lynden was able to reconnect with his throwing coach Mario and also met Brian Robison. Brian was a great thrower in college at Texas, now lives in the Austin, TX in the off-season and Minneapolis when playing football for the Vikings, but wants to train for the 2012 Olympics. Mario suggested Brian work with Lynden, so we'll see if it all works out when Brian moves back up to start spring ball with the Vikings. Lynden is very excited for Brian's potential in competition. I'm hoping I get to tag along at the 2012 games. :)
- Lynden and I enjoyed one day off of work, at home together between our travels... We were both in Texas (him for Nationals and me for my work trip) and then the following Tuesday he was off to Spring Break with the team in Phoenix AZ for the remainder of the week. He said he got in a lot of naps, and used lots of sunscreen since I reminded him every day via text messages.
This week we've both been home and enjoying it. Tomorrow Lynden is off to Florida for Ryan's bachelor party. They are going to watch a Twin's spring training game, and drink lots of lemonade I'm sure. I'll be in the cities, reconnecting with my college girlfriends and trying to find my running legs again now that the snow/ice is gone from the sidewalks.
No comments:
Post a Comment