Saturday, October 18, 2008

Yard work!

Today started out with quite a funny scene. At 7:30 I woke up to take some more ibuprofen (I think I have a pinched nerve in my shoulder) and that prompted Sadie to start whining in her kennel. I was already back in bed and asleep when Lynden let her out at maybe 8... then I woke up to Sadie standing on the bed staring at us and refusing to lay down. I tried my hardest to go back to sleep when she found her bone and started chewing it aggresively at the end of the bed. Bone chewing is one of the loudest and most annoying sounds when you are sleeping. Lynden and I both burst out laughing and we agreed that we were going to be up for the day.... Sadie just couldn't contain herself any longer.

So we went for a run around the park and started in on the yard and house work. When I went out to help Lynden bag up the leaves that wouldn't fit in the compost, it seemed as though the leaves were coming off the trees as fast as we were picking them up. So it was kind of a disappointment, but it will help in the long run I suppose.

I don't think I have shared any pictures of the final finished deck and landscaping yet... Dad finished the deck (last piece of railing and the siding) and Lynden did the landscaping a couple of weekends ago. It looks awesome! (Yes, this picture was taken AFTER we raked and bagged leaves... sigh.)

No comments: